What will you learn?
- Gain a full understanding of the business continuity planning process based on ISO 22301 and ISO 22313
- build an effective business continuity program, and how business continuity planning affects your organization’s operational activities
- contribute to your organization’s continuity efforts at the operational level
- 2 days of training
- 8 hours of self study
- Exam voucher included
About this Course
Business Continuity Foundation (BCF) provides you with a comprehensive introduction to business continuity planning and management. During the course, you will work with a business continuity management process model, a step-by-step guide developed by practicing Business Continuity Managers based on ISO 22301 and ISO 22313, the most widely used international business continuity management standards. As you move along in the course, you will understand what steps you need to take to build an effective business continuity program, and how business continuity planning affects your organisation’s operational activities. At the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of business continuity management terminology, concepts and principles, and you will be able to contribute to your organisation’s continuity efforts at the operational level.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for absolute beginners who would like to learn the fundamentals of business continuity management. If you already have a good understanding of business continuity management principles and you are interested in practicing a Business Continuity Officer’s tasks, we advise you to register for the Practitioner level.
- 2 days of training from a senior instructor that will practice what he/ she preaches
- Official SECO–Institute course materials
- Practice exam
- Business Continuity Foundation exam
- “S-BCF” digital Acclaim badge when you pass the exam
- Free SECO Membership
Module 1 – Developing a Business Continuity Process
- Introduction, history and exploration of Business Continuity Management and the associated process.
- Introduction to the different BCM process models
- What does process-based working mean?
- The BCMP step by step part 1
- BCM preliminary investigation
- BCMP organization
- CMP policy
Module 2 – Identifying Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Business damage analysis (BIA, Business Impact Analysis), methods and techniques
- Threats and Vulnerability Analysis, methods and techniques
Module 3 – Developing and implementing a Business Continuity Plan
- The BCMP step by step
- The Business Continuity Plan
- Company emergency response plan
- Crisis management plan
- Recovery plans
- Costs and benefits of the Business Continuity Plan
Module 4 – Testing and maintaining Business Continuity
- Testing and maintaining the BCMP and BCP
About the exam
- Language: English
- Delivered: Online via a certified proctor
- Questions: 40 multiple choice
- Time: 60 minutes
Our courses are very hands on oriented and aimed at gaining actionable knowlegde and skills. We only work with freelance, senior instructors that spend the majority of their time as specialist in the topic. SECO- Institute instructors have gone through a scrutinous accreditation process, where they’re tested on domain expertise as well as communication- and presentation skills.
At SECO- Institute, we believe in life long learning. Once you’ve taken a training and exam you’re a member of the SECO- Community. We’ll continue to support you with invite- only webinars, templates, expert interviews and much more.