Crisis Management Foundation course
3 days, 4 hours a day
Fundamentals of effective crisis management and crisis communication.
Crisis Management Foundation offers a comprehensive 3- day training that immerses you into the fundamentals of effective crisis management and crisis communications. You will familiarise yourself with the crisis management lifecycle, and what activities you need to perform in each crisis-stage to work towards successful recovery. You will understand how a crisis organisation functions and what resources it needs to perform its tasks, acquire the basics of crisis management planning and reputation management; and gain insight into best practices for managing employee and media communications during a crisis.
Author & Trainer
Senior Advisor & Co-Founder
ITP Groep Crisismanagement
Consultant Cyber Security, Crisis Management and Critical Infrastructures at NRD Cyber Security
Jacob van ‘t Slot
NGO security-, and crisis management advisor
Co-Founder at Global Risk Advice
At a Glance
Crisis Management Foundation
3 days, 4 hours a day
Anyone looking for a comprehensive introduction to Crisis Management.
Core concepts and practical assignments in crisis management strategy and organization, effective crisis communications, stakeholder analysis, and reputation management.
Structure and function of crisis management, support, communication, damage assessment and recovery teams. Perform a stakeholder analysis for crisis communications.
Evaluate the factors that may trigger a crisis, how to deal with unforeseen and exceptional situations.
Understand the crisis management lifecycle, and what activities you need to perform in each crisis-stage to work towards successful recovery.
Identify a crisis situation. Correctly identify crisis-stages, priorities and the actions appropriate to each stage. Understand the importance of the “golden hour”.
Apply employee and media crisis communications principles.
- Official SECO-Institute course materials
- Training from passionate instructors with exceptional skills
- Access to the SECO member portal
- Practice exam
- Exam voucher
- Membership to SECO’s Alumni Network after passing the exam
Welcome in the world of Crisis Management
Reputation Management and Crisis Communications
- Developing a crisis management program
- The Crisis Management Team
- Roles and responsibilities in the Crisis Management Team
- Raising awareness
- Crisis control methodology
- The OODA Loop (Observe, Orient, Decide, Act)
- Communication between CMO teams (Crisis Management Organisation)
- Performance of the CMT (Crisis Management Team)
- The concept of crisis communications
- Internal and external crisis communications
- Reputation management
Collect your badge of honor
Join our Alumni Network
Dates & locations
This program is conducted by our training partner, Security Academy Online.