What will you learn?
- Build your IT security knowledge solid and from the ground up without having to immerse yourself deeply in information technology;
- What components make up an IT infrastructure and what vulnerabilities each component may have;
- How attackers exploit common vulnerabilities and what tools, techniques and counter measures you can use to prevent exploitation;
- 2 days of training
- 8 hours of self study
- Exam voucher included
About this Course
Information security rests on three pillars: People, processes and technology. None of the three can do without the rest. But for people with no technical background, the technical pillar can be quite difficult. The IT- world uses its own specific tools and jargon, making a conversation with people from that world seem like a game in ‘Babylonian Confusion of Tongues’.
This course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to IT – security. You will learn what components make up an IT infrastructure and what vulnerabilities each component may have. You will also understand how attackers exploit common vulnerabilities and what tools you can use to prevent exploitation. At the end of the course, you will have a global understanding of IT security without having to immerse yourself deeply in information technology. Are you pursuing a security career?: This training also sets the stage for the Practitioner training, where you will accomplish hands-on assignments, such as designing a security architecture and writing a patch management policy.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for officials who have a limited technical background but should be able to engage with technicians in their work; network or system administrators with ambitions to start a career in IT security, and aspiring information security professionals that lack technical security knowledge. This includes but is not limited to:
- Future information security officers
- IT- Risk officers
- IT Governance officers
- Line managers
- Service Management officers
- Helpdesk employees
- 2 days of training from a senior instructor that will practice what he/ she preaches
- Official SECO–Institute course materials
- Practice exam
- IT-Security Foundation exam
- “S-ITSF” digital Acclaim badge when you pass the exam
- 1- year free SECO Membership
- Operating Systems
- Modes of cooperation
- Types of software
- Common causes of vulnerabilities
- Mitigations for common vulnerabilities
- Networking devices
- Network connections
- Network models
- Network architecture
- Network addressing
- Types of cryptography
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Major cryptographic network protocols
- Major cryptographic applications
IT security administration
- Know your enemy: Hacking as a process, Tool of their trade
- Know yourself: IT security administration as a process, Tool of our trad
About the exam
- Language: English
- Delivered: Online via a certified proctor
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Time: 60 minutes
Our courses are very hands on oriented and aimed at gaining actionable knowlegde and skills. We only work with freelance, senior instructors that spend the majority of their time as specialist in the topic. SECO- Institute instructors have gone through a scrutinous accreditation process, where they’re tested on domain expertise as well as communication- and presentation skills.
At SECO- Institute, we believe in life long learning. Once you’ve taken a training and exam you’re a member of the SECO- Community. We’ll continue to support you with invite- only webinars, templates, expert interviews and much more.