SOC-CMM Certified Assessor
Take a deep dive into performing assessments using the SOC-CMM
SOC-CMM Certified Assessor offers a comprehensive 1-day training that provide a deep dive into performing assessments using the SOC-CMM. In this course, you will learn about the different types of SOCs and how the SOC-CMM can be used to assess these. You will also learn about the whole assessment process: assessment types, data collection strategies, preparing for an assessment, conducting an assessment, analysing the results and finally reporting the assessment results in an effective format. Additionally, the course will teach you how to create a target operating model for a SOC. This will provide a strategic direction for the SOC, based on mission, vision and strategy. You will learn how to create a Target Operating Model and how to tie it in with SOC-CMM assessments. With this training, you will be able to act at a strategic level within the SOC, and both assess the current state and define the target state for a SOC.
Rob van Os
Author & Trainer
Creator SOC Maturity Model
At a Glance
SOC-CMM Certified Assessor
Target audience: SOC consultants and SOC managers.
Explain the SOC-CMM model and the SOC-CMM maturity and capability levels
Understand the activities required to prepare a SOC-CMM assessment
Use the SOC-CMM tooling and understand how to perform a SOC-CMM assessment using the SOC-CMM tooling
Interpret and analyse the results from SOC-CMM assessments
Identify assessment report requirements and create a comprehensive assessment report
Understand common challenges in modern SOCs and how to define a SOC target operating model
- Official course materials
- Training from the author of the SOC-CMM framework
- Access to the SECO member portal
- Practice exam
- Exam voucher
- Membership to SECO’s Alumni Network after passing the exam
Day 1 – SOC-CMM Certified Assessor
The course consists of 7 parts to guide students into performing assessments with the SOC-CMM.
- Part 1: Security Operations Centers. You will learn about the different types of SOCs and how this impacts assessments.
- Part 2: SOC-CMM – Model and Capability Maturity. You will learn about the SOC-CMM model itself and what capability and maturity levels mean for a SOC.
- Part 3: Preparing the assessment. You will learn about the activities required to prepare a SOC-CMM assessment.
- Part 4: Performing the assessment. You will learn about the aspects of the SOC-CMM, and how to assess each of these.
- Part 5: Results interpretation, reporting and follow-up. You will learn how to analyze and report on SOC-CMM assessment results.
- Part 6: Target Operating Modelling. You will learn the essence of target operating modelling and how to use the SOC-CMM to create a target operating model and guide its implementation.
- Part 7: Challenges of the modern SOC. You will learn about challenges for a modern SOC and what elements of the SOC-CMM apply to each of these.
Collect your badge of honor
The SOC-CMM certified assessor training includes an exam voucher. Students that successfully pass the exam receive an official certification and badge and can use the designation SOC-CA: SOC-CMM Certified Assessor.
- Exam format: 5 open questions (8 points per question), 1 case study (30 points), 10 multiple choice questions (3 points per question)
- Pass rate: 60%
- Duration: 120 minutes