What will you learn?
- Factors that may trigger a crisis, what crisis management activities should be performed in each stage
- Crisis management strategy and organization
- Effective internal and external crisis communications, Stakeholder analysis, crisis communication and reputation management
- 2 days of training
- 8 hours of self study
- Exam voucher included
About this Course
Crisis Management Foundation (CMF) introduces you to the fundamentals of effective crisis management and crisis communications. In the course, you will familiarise yourself with the crisis management lifecycle, and you will learn what activities you need to perform in each crisis-stage to work towards successful recovery. You will understand how an internal crisis organisation functions and what resources it needs to perform its tasks. You will acquire the basics of crisis management planning and reputation management; and you will gain insight into best practices for managing employee and media communications during a crisis.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for absolute beginners interested in learning the basics of crisis management and crisis communications. If you already have a good understanding of crisis management principles and you would like to gain more in-depth knowledge, we advise you to register for the Practitioner level.
- 2 days of training from a senior instructor that will practice what he/ she preaches
- Official SECO – Institute course materials
- Practice exam
- Crisis Management Foundation exam
- “S- CMF” digital Acclaim badge when you pass the exam
- 1- year free SECO Membership
Module 1 – Introduction to managing a crisis
Understand what factors may trigger a crisis and learn what crisis management activities should be performed in each stage of the crisis. Learn how a Crisis Management Organisation should operate, and what aspects should be included in an organisation’s crisis management strategy.
- Definition of crisis, crisis management and crisis communications
- The relationship between crisis management and business continuity management
- The characteristics and impact of a crisis
- The Crisis Management Organisation
- The Crisis Management Plan
- The crisis management process
Module 2 – Reputation Management
Understand the importance of reputation management. Learn what measures an organisation can take to build and maintain a good reputation.
- Making reputation a priority
- Crisis communication and reputation management
Module 3 – Internal and external crisis communications
Learn how to enhance the effectiveness of your internal and external crisis communications. Perform a stakeholder analysis to improve your crisis communications, and learn how to handle (social) media platforms effectively during a crisis. Understand what additional factors you will need to deal with in a cross-border crisis situation.
- Communication within the Crisis Management Team
- Internal crisis communications
- External crisis communications
- Structured approach to handling social media and the press
- International crisis management
About the exam
- Language: English
- Delivered: Online via a certified proctor
- Questions: 40 multiple choice
- Time: 60 minutes
SECO – Institute is the Independent body of knowledge for the Cyber Security & Continuity Certification Program. From 2 day awareness sessions, 5 days in- depth training, up to obtaining a Certified Title, SECO has the most comprehensive training and certification portfolio in Information Security, Data Protection. IT-Security, Ethical Hacking, Secure Programming, Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
Our courses are very hands on oriented and aimed at gaining actionable knowlegde and skills. We only work with freelance, senior instructors that spend the majority of their time as CMO, Crisis Manager, or Crisis Management consultant in complex corporate and government environments. SECO- Institute instructors have gone through a scrutinous accreditation process, where they’re tested on domain expertise as well as communication- and presentation skills.
At SECO- Institute, we believe in life long learning. Once you’ve taken a training and exam you’re a member of the SECO- Community. We’ll continue to support you with invite- only webinars, templates, expert interviews and much more.