What will you learn?
- Understand the GDPR through easy explanations, real-world examples and fictive scenarios;
- Get a clear picture of rights and obligations under the GDPR;
- How to translate the law to your daily life and work;
- 2 days of training
- 8 hours of self study
- Exam voucher included
About this Course
Data protection and data breach notification are no longer a media relations issue or opportunistic PR choice: It is law, with fines amounting up to 4% of the organization’s worldwide turnover. Not complying to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can lead to a financial drain equal to breaking EU Competition Law; a devastating amount for any business. The GDPR affects almost every business that collects or handles the personal data of any European citizen.
Privacy laws & regulations (including GDPR) are increasingly affecting all companies, and Data Protection Authorities are increasingly monitoring their compliance. It is therefore important that your organization deals with this in the right way. In this course, you will receive an overview of the obligations of your organization (and of the rights of those from whom you’re collecting personal data). At the end of the course, you’ll be able to translate the law to your daily life and work.
Who should attend?
The Privacy & Data Protection Foundation course is intended for anyone who deals with collecting, editing or managing personal data in their work and / or ensuring its compliance. For example, think of:
- Future data protection officers
- Marketing professionals
- Call center employees
- Administrative departments
- Financial professionals
- 2 days of training from a senior instructor that will practice what he/ she preaches
- Official SECO–Institute course materials
- Practice exam
- Privacy & Data Protection Foundation exam
- “S-DPF” digital Acclaim badge when you pass the exam
- 1- year free SECO Membership
Learning objectives throughout the course
- Historical and legal context of European privacy and data protection legislation and the GDPR, and define the essential terms and concepts employed
- GDPR’s material and territorial scope, what information and what activities the GDPR applies to and in what situations the GDPR applies within and outside the EU/EEA
- Main provisions of the GDPR and their consequences for individuals and businesses
- General principles that govern the processing of personal data
- Restrictions on the processing of personal data
- Obligations of controllers and processors
- How compliance with the GDPR can be demonstrated to the supervisory authority
- The consequences of non-compliance
- Where to find additional information and resources about specific provisions
About the exam
- Language: English
- Delivered: Online via a certified proctor
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Time: 60 minutes
SECO – Institute is the Independent body of knowledge for the Data Protection and Privacy Certification Program. From 2 day awareness sessions, 5 days in- depth DPO training, up to obtaining the Certified Data Protection Officer Title, SECO has the most comprehensive training and certification portfolio in Data Protection.
Our courses are very hands on oriented and aimed at gaining actionable knowlegde and skills. We only work with freelance, senior instructors that spend the majority of their time as DPO, Privacy Manager, or senior data protection consultant in complex corporate and government environments. SECO- Institute instructors have gone through a scrutinous accreditation process, where they’re tested on domain expertise as well as communication- and presentation skills.
At SECO- Institute, we believe in life long learning. Once you’ve taken a training and exam you’re a member of the SECO- Community. We’ll continue to support you with invite- only webinars, templates, expert interviews and much more.