S-EHPEthical Hacking Practitioner certification
About the certificate
Core ethical hacking skills you will validate with your S-EHP certificate
The EHP certification exam tests your real-world penetration skills. By passing the exam and earning a SECO-Ethical Hacking Practitioner (S-EHP) certificate, you showcase your ability to
- Demonstrate a good understanding of relevant laws and regulations and hacking ethics;
- Determine the scope of a penetration test;
- Use relevant testing guides;
- Gather information using OSINT, WHOIS lookups and DNS lookups and enumeration;
- Use manual and automated port scanning techniques and interpret scan results;
- Perform service identification and fingerprinting;
- Intercept and analyse network and DNS traffic;
- Perform a Man-in-the-Middle attack;
- Crack a WPA key;
- Use basic hash cracking techniques;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the OWASP Top 10;
- Scan web applications using Dirb, Nikto and Vega;
- Perform cross-site scripting (XSS);
- Brute-force HTTP authentication;
- Use Man-in-the-Middle proxies;
- Use SQL injection to extract usernames and passwords from a database;
- Exploit SQL vulnerability to upload a web shell and gain control over the server;
- Use Metasploit to gather information and exploit a vulnerable target;
- Perform client-side attacks (file-type exploitation and drive-by downloads);
- Exploit buffer overflows;
- Perform a penetration test in a virtual environment;
- Describe your findings in a clear and understandable way.
What are the benefits of an S-EHP certificate?
An S-EHP certificate demonstrates that you have a full understanding of the penetration testing process, and that you are familiar with common penetration testing techniques. This qualification enables you to establish yourself as an ethical hacking professional, and opens you to advanced development and career opportunities in the cybersecurity industry.
This qualification is particularly suitable for IT professionals and (aspiring) information security specialists who are actively working to become penetration testers, security analysts or security consultants.
Who should certify?
The course and the certificate are ideal for your career advancement if you are a(n)
- Systems, database, web or network administrator;
- Web developer;
- IT technician;
- Security administrator;
- Network engineer;
- Computer software engineer.
How to prepare for the certification exam?
You can prepare for your certification exam by taking a course or by self-study.
We also offer classroom training through our accredited education partners. To find a course in your country, visit the Get Trained page.
If you prefer to prepare by self-study, make sure that you fully understand the requirements before you book your exam. Download the exam syllabus and the sample exam to familiarise yourself with the structure and topic areas of the certification exam.
How to book a certification exam?
You can take your certification exam at an accredited exam centre or online.
For more information on the exam, please refer to the SECO Examination Guide.
S-EHP certificate and digital badge
Upon successful completion of a SECO Ethical Hacking Practitioner certification exam, you will receive the S-EHP certification title and a digital badge. Your credentials will grant you a one-year SECO membership. After your certification expires, you will have the option to re-certify by paying a small fee.
As a prerequisite to renewing your certification, you have to meet Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements. CPE requirements can be met by attending workshops, conferences and webinars, publishing articles, providing training, and performing other similar activities that help you maintain your professional competencies.
For more information on the certification process and Continued Professional Education (CPE) requirements, please refer to the SECO Certifications Guide.