What will you learn?
- Understand the Technology behind the Dark Web;
- Use Tor to discover hidden sites and services;
- Grasp the business dynamics of Dark Markets;
- Gain insight into Dark Web investigations through real-world incidents;
- Thorough grounding in Bitcoin transactions, Bitcoin mining and Bitcoin laundering;
- 2 days of training
- 8 hours of self study
- Exam voucher included
About this Course
Dark Web Foundation is a course for those interested in learning how to access and navigate the Dark Web. The course draws on the practical experience of high-level cybersecurity experts and Dark Web researchers. The learning material was co-developed with the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), the first scientific research institute to partner with INTERPOL to combat cybercrime.
During the course, you will understand the technology behind the Dark Web, and you will use Tor to discover hidden sites and services. You will grasp the business dynamics of Dark Markets, and you will gain insight into Dark Web investigations through real-world incidents. Finally, you will get a thorough grounding in Bitcoin transactions, Bitcoin mining and Bitcoin laundering.
Who should attend?
This training is of interest for both technical and non-technical security specialists:
- IT and information security professionals with ambitions to get into Dark Web monitoring will value learning about the foundations of Darkweb, as facilitator of hidden cyber threats facing their organization.
- Participants from law enforcement (police, justice, defence, fiscal authorities and investigators) will benefit from insights on how criminal activities evolve on the hidden part of the web, and will gain insight in crypto currency used for money transactions, money laundering etc.
- For the same reason, this training has also received keen interest from policy makers and government officials in their efforts to develop legislation to combat crime in the digital era.
- 2 days of training from a senior instructor that will practice what he/ she preaches
- Official SECO–Institute course materials
- Practice exam
- Dark Web Foundation exam
- “S-DWF” digital Acclaim badge when you pass the exam
- 1- year free SECO Membership
Module 1: Introduction to the Dark Web
- History of the Dark Web and the Tor project
- Understanding Dark Markets
- Finding Deep/Dark Web sites
Module 2: The Onion Router (Tor)
- Identifiable information
- Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) and cryptographic principles
- Onion routing
- Perfect forwarding secrecy
- The Tor browser
Module 3: Bitcoin and Blockchain
- Bitcoin basics
- Blockchain technology
- Advanced wallets
- Bitcoin laundering and mixing services
About the exam
- Language: English
- Delivered: Online via a certified proctor
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Time: 60 minutes
Our courses are very hands on oriented and aimed at gaining actionable knowlegde and skills. We only work with freelance, senior instructors that spend the majority of their time as specialist in the topic. SECO- Institute instructors have gone through a scrutinous accreditation process, where they’re tested on domain expertise as well as communication- and presentation skills.
At SECO- Institute, we believe in life long learning. Once you’ve taken a training and exam you’re a member of the SECO- Community. We’ll continue to support you with invite- only webinars, templates, expert interviews and much more.