Certification titles and digital badges
Upon successful completion of your exam you can claim your certification title at the SECO-Institute. The SECO-Institute issues 3 types of certification titles:
- SECO-Institute Practitioner course certification titles: After successful completion of a Practitioner level course the student can claim the Practitioner title.
- SECO-Institute Expert course certification titles: After successful completion of an Expert level course the student can claim the Expert title.
- SECO-Institute Certified Officer certification titles: Once you have your expert level certification, you can apply for the highest certification: the Certified Officer certification. This certification not only requires that you have knowledge (minimum expert level) about the subject, but it also requires practical experience with a minimum of 3 years full-time work experience.
The world of Security and Business Continuity is changing fast due to new technologies and cyber threats. To ensure continuous competence and knowledge development our Practitioner, Expert and Certified Officer certifications require recertification every three years.
Each certification level has annual and overall three-year Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours requirements, that must be met in order to maintain your certification.
The Practitioner certifications require a minimum of 20 CPE credits yearly (60 in the three year certification cycle). The yearly renewal price is $ 40,- excluding VAT.
The Expert certifications require a minimum of 40 CPE credits yearly (120 in the three year certification cycle). The yearly renewal price is $ 75,- excluding VAT.
Certified Officer/Leader certifications
The Certified Officer and Leader certifications require a minimum of 40 CPE credits yearly (120 in the three year certification cycle). The yearly renewal price is $ 75,- excluding VAT.
Calculation of CPE points
One CPE point equals 60 minutes spent on continuous education. Continuous education activities can be activities such as teaching, writing books and articles, attend internal and external courses, seminars, conferences, congresses, technical meetings and taking note of information from journals and literature about developments within your area of expertise.
Claim your certification title and digital badge
To claim your title you have to take the following steps:
1. Submit your personal details, optional including CV, ID and diploma's via the contactform.
2. We will contact you by mail for additional information and send you the official application form (you can download it here as well)
3. Fill in and sign the application form and send it back with the required documents.
4. Pay the fee
5. You will receive your digital badge and certification title