APMG launched the IT-Security Foundation course wordwide!
A complete overview of the fundamentals of IT Security
The global IT Security skills shortage, and resulting high demand for security professionals, makes this an attractive sector to work in. This course is a great starting point for those wishing to enter IT Security as it provides a comprehensive introduction and the course does not include technical labs.
Discover the language, processes and tools used in IT environments in this vendor-neutral course. Learn about the components (systems, software and networks) which make up IT infrastructure, how those components function, the vulnerabilities each component can have and how those vulnerabilities can be mitigated. This course also explains how cryptography can assist in securing IT infrastructure and the other tools you can use to protect your organisation.
During this course you will benefit from the insights of practicing cybersecurity specialists, with core topics illustrated through practical examples. By the end of the course, participants will understand the essential principles of IT Security. The course typically takes two days.
Develop an understanding of common hardware, software, network, database and cloud vulnerabilities and defences.
- An understanding of common systems, software and network attacks, vulnerabilities and security measures
- Knowledge of key defence concepts, such as Cryptography (PKI, SSL, TLS, IPsec, PGP) and Access Control
- Know your enemy – insight gained into how hackers work and what tools they use
- Understanding of how to secure your organisation through IT Security administration processes and tools.
Who is it for?
- Beginners, those wanting to work in the IT Security sector
- Network and system administrators seeking career advancement
- Managers who need to have a basic understanding of security to minimise risk or who regularly work with IT Security specialists.
- Number of Questions: 40
- Exam Timing: 60 mins
- Closed book
- Pass mark: 24 out of 40 (60%).
More information: https://apmg-international.com/product/it-security-foundation