S-ISPInformation Security Practitioner certification
About the certificate
Core information security management skills you will validate with your S-ISP certificate
By passing the ISP certification exam and earning a SECO-Information Security Practitioner (S-ISP) certificate, you demonstrate high-level, industry-relevant information security management skills.
In particular, an S-ISP certificate attests to your ability to:
- Integrate information security into corporate governance, organisational culture and business processes;
- Identify relevant legal, regulatory and industry compliance requirements for information security;
- Make strategic information security decisions based on corporate goals and needs, relevant compliance requirements and the organisation’s current security posture;
- Adopt a risk-based approach to information security and perform information security risk assessments in line with best practices;
- Understand and apply fundamental resilience management principles to improve cyber security and cyber resilience;
- Design and implement an ISO 27001-compliant Information Security Management System (ISMS);
- Manage information security projects;
- Identify the information security roles and responsibilities necessary to design and manage an effective information security process;
- Assess strategic information security policies and recommend improvements based on best practices and organisational needs;
- Develop an effective information security awareness program based on behavioural theory, individual learning styles and organisational needs;
- Assess the effectiveness of awareness programs and draw up awareness reports;
- Understand trends in the security threat landscape (threat actors, attack tools and attack types);
- Identify effective physical, technical and organisational measures to counter information security threats;
- Organise identity & access management and incident response;
- Understand information security audit processes;
- Interpret information security audit reports and implement improvement recommendations to improve information security compliance and governance.
What are the benefits of an S-ISP certificate?
An S-ISP certificate allows you to demonstrate core competencies employers look for in aspiring information security managers. With security jobs on the rise and a worldwide security skills shortage, earning an S-ISP title is a unique opportunity to launch and enjoy a rewarding career in a constantly expanding field.
Information security jobs can be found in every sector, from healthcare to financial services and public administration. As technology develops and security threats evolve, organisations are increasingly looking for professionals who can ensure their security and continuity.
The growing demand for security expertise is leading to better salaries for information security professionals. According to itjobswatch.co.uk data, information security positions featuring ISO 27001, risk management, ISMS and GDPR skills as core requirements, attract a median annual salary of £60,000.
Who should certify?
The course and the certificate are ideal for you, if
- You are a system or network administrator, programmer or security analyst with ambitions to start a career in information security or cybersecurity management;
- You seek to pursue a career as an information security auditor, consultant, risk manager or compliance officer;
- You are a manager and you would like to understand the role of security to support it at the organisational level.
How to prepare for the certification exam?
We offer classroom training through our accredited education partners. To find a course in your country, visit the Get Trained page.
Download a few Sample Exam Questions here to see what types of questions you can expect at the certification exam.
Download the free Complete Sample Exam at our member site to prepare even better. Use the syllabus to get a complete overview of the exam’s topic areas, and use the sample exam to practice with more questions.
How to book a certification exam?
You can take your certification exam at an accredited exam centre or online.
For more information on the exam, please refer to the SECO Examination Guide.
S-ISP certificate and digital badge
Upon successful completion of a SECO Information Security Practitioner certification exam, you will receive an exam certificate. To turn your exam certificate into a verifiable qualification that can improve your career prospects, you need to unlock your S-ISP certification title in the (S)ECO-System, our professional community. By unlocking your certification title, you acquire the right to add the professional designation “certified Information Security Practitioner” to your name. You also receive a secure digital badge you can add to your CV, LinkedIn or digital portfolio to verify your competence to employers, clients and the professional community.
Have you already passed the exam? Unlock your S-ISP title now to give your career a boost.
Your SECO Practitioner credentials will be valid for a year. To keep your Practitioner certification title and digital badge active, you will need to re-certify every year by paying a small annual maintenance fee (€75) and reporting at least 20 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits in the (S)ECO-System. As a certified member of the (S)ECO-System, you will also have opportunities to collect CPE credits by attending webinars and accessing other professional knowledge resources.